Karnali River Rafting
- The ultimate white water rafting in Nepal
- Classical water expedition for calm and extreme kayaking
- Exploration remote and geographically constrained terrain
- Untouched beauty of nature
- Exploration of "Wild West"
- Encounter with the world notorious rapid "God's House"
Situated in remote area of mid-western Nepal Karnali River Rafting is most challenging, demanding and recreational rafting destination. Originated from the holy mountain Kailash of Tibet Karnali river is venerated by Hindu, Buddhists and Jain people. The longest river of Nepal attracts the rafting and kayaking enthusiasts who are looking for extreme and exploratory white water rafting.
Karnali River Rafting not only provides the adventurous water games experiences but also provides enchanting views of Himalayas, valleys and wonderful fauna and flora of virgin wildlife. An incredible pristine forest scenery, typical cultural of western hill and excursion of Bardiya National Park also make Karnali River Rafting rewarding. We also get chance to nomads of Nepal called Ruate, who wander around bank of Karnali River in search of food, prey and shelter.
The Karnali River burbles as it travels along its beds, bubbling over rocks. It drains offs through green valleys, dense forest, and virgin lands. The first four days of rating takes places over the extreme currents so it is described as "a thrill a minute roller coaster ride". The first half of river is consist of sharp bends, big water and breaking waves. The last four days rafting is over calm rapid but rewarded with fishing, and enchanting views of wilderness spotted with occasional view of wildlife. Trough out the expedition we encounter world notorious rapid God' House and others rapids like Sweetness Light, Human for Lunch, Jungle Ghat, Juicer, Jailhouse Rock and Many others.
Flowing downstream between far-western and Karnali province, Karnali Rafting gives us chance to explore the natural beauty of Surkhet, Dailekh and Banke districts. 7 days rafting begins from Lower Dhungeshwor Dailekh just below confluence of Karnali and Bheri River and start rafting for seven days all the way down to Chisapani nearby East-West Highway.
After breakfast we board the flight to Surkhet, beauty valley of Wild West of Nepal. Rafting crew members meet us there and transfer to the put in point via Karnali Highway in a luxurious tourist bus. We will have lunch in a motel and reach the entry point of rafting by afternoon. After having safety orientation, we set off for the short downstream rafting to the campsite. Overnight in Camp.
Today after breakfast, we gradually become acquainted with white water rafting. We enter into forested area, which seems tranquil and isolated. After three hour calm rating we stop by a beautiful waterfall for lunch, have rest and take some photos with scenic background. After lunch we come across the hilarious Sweet and Light Rapid, which make us excited. After first thrilling rapid, we raft over the calm bends we stop by campsite. Overnight in Camp.
After having breakfast we start third day rafting with Shake Rattle and Roll and Humans for Lunch just below the suspension bridge in forested area. After crossing suspension bridge we stop by in Jungle Ghat village for lunch. After having lunch, we again encounter two thrilling rapids called Jialhouse Rock and Inversion. Then, we enter into forested section and spot a beautiful waterfalls nearby wider beach where we stop for campsite. Overnight in campsite.
After having breakfast we paddle downstream to take on the notorious Gods house rapid, the great FUN of the Karnali River Rafting. The break up rapid between rocks shakes the boat but professional rating master successfully pass it with pause for fun. Then again we enjoy high current rapid waves of Jucier and "Flip in Strip" respectively, before we take out for lunch. After Lunch we passes the confluence of Karnali and Seti river , then water rivers flows thick and fast making the rapids like Snapshot and the Red Rock Canyon until we reach to smooth water. We set the camp nearby confluence of Thuli Gandaki and Karnali. Overnight in Campsite.
After breakfast we raft on calmer than yesterday. Throughout the day we travel in forested areas with lush forest on both sides of river. We rarely encounter people until lunch. After lunch we pass via beautiful farming terraces and colorful human settlements. Now Karnali goes meandering like snake curving back and forth across the landscape.
Unlike previous day today we raft on the areas occupied by human settlements, farming terraces and suspension bridges. After breakfast we raft on thick and calm water. Today we meet local fisherman, children swimming in river and the farmers working in farmlands. We also meet other rafter and kayakers having fun in water. The second last day of Karnali rafting provides you glimpse of way of life of western part of Nepal. After having joyous day we set the camp of sandy beach nearby confluence of Karnali and Bheri River, and play different games in evening. Overnight in Camp.
Today early morning we admire enchanting Sunrise above the hill and twittering of birds and flocks of deer drinking water in Karnali River. As we raft downstream inside Bardiya National Park we have more chance to see wild animals. After two hour float rafting we reach to Chisapani the take out point. After having lunch in Chisapani, we move to Nepalgunj Airport for flying back to Kathmandu. In Kathmandu we will check in hotel and bathe before we meet for farewell dinner in one of the boutique restaurant in Thamel. Overnight in Hotel.
- Kathmandu to Surkhet Flight
- Nepalgunj to Kathmandu by Flight
- Surkhet to Dailekh by private Transportation and Chisapani to Nepalgunj by private Transportation
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Safety Kayak
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
Cost doesn't include
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- Tips to Staffs
- Sleeping bag
Please Bring Yourself
- swim wear for on the river
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)